It’s a fact – accidents happen, and unfortunately, your smile can suffer from them. If you have never gone through a dental emergency before, it can be difficult to know what steps to take. It is paramount to know the proper procedure for getting the help you need as soon as possible. The emergency dental team from Highclere Dental Centre is here for you.
Dental Emergencies: Why You Shouldn’t Delay
- Saving Your Teeth – t is important to quickly address a dental emergency to save your teeth. Trauma can result in chipped, broken, or even completely dislodged teeth. If you do not seek emergency dental care, you may end up having to replace the teeth with dentures, dental implants, or other alternatives. Visiting a dentist without delay can up the chance of keeping your teeth. If your tooth is chipped, broken, or knocked out, you should collect any pieces that you see and bring them with you to the dentist.
- Minimising Discomfort – No matter if it is a minor toothache or something more serious such as a displaced tooth, or pain in the jaws, teeth, and gums – the more time you wait to get assistance, the more discomfort you will suffer. If you feel any pain, contact our dental emergency team at Highclere Dental Centre to determine if you need to visit the clinic asap. One of our friendly dentists can provide a treatment and medications to help you minimise the pain.
- Ensure Infection Prevention – The potential for infection is a common worry for people who have just gone through a dental emergency. Harmful bacteria can go into the system through a tooth fracture or wound in the mouth, and if left untreated it can become a much bigger health issue. Visiting our emergency team at Highclere Dental Centre soon after the incident will bring down the chances of possible infection.
Six scenarios that necessitate prompt dental treatment
People regularly have issues with their teeth, but how can you tell which ones require emergency dental care? Learn which situations necessitate immediate attention.
1. A Broken Tooth is a Serious Issue
When you notice that a tooth is cracked or broken, first try rinsing your mouth with a lukewarm saltwater solution to soothe the pain. As this is a scenario that only emergency dentists can fix, make an immediate appointment with one of our friendly dentists at Highclere Dental Centre.
2. The Mystery of a Missing Filling or Crown
When a filling or crown goes missing, it may appear to be a minor problem however, it is in fact one of the most common dental emergencies that require immediate attention. If you realise that either of these two is not in its place, visit our urgent dental practice at Highclere Dental Centre to have it fixed or replaced immediately.
3. Aching Teeth
Toothaches are one of the most common reasons people visit our emergency dentist. As soon as you start feeling the pain, a good option is to rinse your mouth out with lukewarm salty water – this will bring down the pain a notch and reduce the swelling. Any toothache should not be disregarded and immediate professional attention is required, that is why we encourage a swift visit to our emergency dentist at Highclere Dental Centre.
4. Bleeding Gums are an Infallible Warning
While bleeding gums may seem minor, they can be an indication of a more serious problem. It is important to get emergency dental care to identify the cause.
5. Agony of an Infected Tooth
A tooth that is infected can be one of the most painful dental crises since the agony will continue until you visit our emergency team at Highclere Dental Centre for immediate dental treatment.
6. Revealed Nerves can be Tormenting
If your tooth has a nerve that is uncovered, you will have no chance to contemplate if it is an urgent dental emergency or not. The burning pain you feel when you inhale, sip beverages, or even move your mouth will make you certain that you need to schedule immediately an emergency dental visit with one of our friendly dentists. One thing you can do in the meantime is try chewing sugarless chewing gum and then lay it on the exposed nerve to provide you with temporary respite until you get to our dental clinic for proper treatment.
Highclere Dental Centre is pleased to provide accessible and budget-friendly dental services for the entire family. We are committed to creating smiles that are healthy, vibrant and beautiful. In the event of a dental emergency, please do not hesitate to contact us at 08 93439777 to set up an appointment. We offer same-day appointments and flexible hours, so getting help for all your dental needs is a simple and effortless process.